University of Vermont Extension developed ten reasons to buy local food and they apply in Alabama.
1) Locally grown food tastes and looks better.
2) Local food is better for you..
3) Local food preserves genetic diversity.
4) Local food is safe.
5) Local food supports local families.
6) Local food builds community.
7) Local food preserves open space.
8) Local food keeps taxes down.
9) Local food benefits the environment and wildlife.
10) Local food is an investment in the future.
Concerns outlined include:
Copyright © 1997 -
2019 by theAlabama Cooperative Extension System
Alabama A&M University and
All Rights Reserved. – email@example.com
Legal Disclaimer – Privacy Statement
Cookie Acceptance Needed